Campus Commuter Services, at UW Bothell, is looking for a responsible, organized, friendly, confident, detail oriented, student with strong communication skills to join our team.
Student Assistants in Commuter Services are responsible for providing general customer service to students, staff, faculty, and the general public both in-person, online, and on the phone. Depending on campus needs, some of the work can be in the field (rain or shine) and some of the work is in an office environment. There is no required experience as we are looking for individuals who can learn, work with others, make good decisions, and complete tasks with little supervision.
Salary $19.50 to $22.00 per hour depending on experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide transportation information to students, staff, faculty, and visitors.
- Interact with campus community members in a positive, professional, and cordial manner
- Provide excellent customer service and accurate campus information.
- General office work: answering phones, assisting in-person visitors, opening mail, filing, making copies, compiling mailings, placing work orders.
- Create marketing materials.
- Explain rules and guidelines to a variety of community members.
- Interact with a variety of community members who can sometimes be upset.
- Explain administrative options in a positive confident manner.
- Assist with other Commuter Service projects and events as needed.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of the campus parking rules, regulations, and processes.
- Assist with verifying parking rules and issue parking citations if necessary
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Set up signs around campus to help drivers locate events
- Maintain confidentiality regarding protected data
- Depending on assignment, may be required to work indoors or outdoors
- Some schedules are static while others vary depending on availability
- May include night and weekend work
All new student employees must also complete UW’s online Title IX course about preventing and responding to sex-and gender-based violence and harassment.
- Currently enrolled UW Bothell student
- Enrolled in 6 or more undergraduate credits for the quarter
- Contribute professionally and respectfully to our diverse and inclusive work environment
- Articulate, professional, and responsible
- Flexibility to adapt to different scenarios and answer questions appropriately
- Strong computer, time management and problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable about the Bothell Campus
- GPA, good Academic standing
- Ability do interact with a variety of community members
- Valid license to drive in the sate of Washington
- Ability to work in most weather conditions
- Lift up to 50 pounds
Submit your resume, cover letter and class schedule. Work study eligible students encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Diversity is a core value of University of WA Bothell. We believe the power of diversity enriches all of us by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions. To learn more, read our Diversity Statement.