Through novel applications of technology to neurological diseases, we at CHeT are reimagining healthcare in the digital era and doing the unprecedented. We are seeking a motivated self-starter with an interest in digital health, patient interaction, and clinical trial management. Our ideal candidate is ambitious, adaptable, and at ease in both independent and team endeavors. This position is best-suited for candidates pursuing a ~2 year clinical research experience before entering graduate or professional school (MD, PhD, DDS, MBA, etc).
More information about current and previous coordinators can be found at: https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/health-technology/careers/mentored-research-opportunities.aspx
Position responsibilities may include:
- Conduct in-clinic technology-related research visits (using smartphone apps and wearable sensors) and form meaningful relationships with participants. Studies and projects include: www.urudallcenter.org ; www.watchpdstudy.org
- Perform virtual visits and assessments with participants nationwide to accelerate clinical trials and help transform research methods. Studies and projects include: www.urudallcenter.org ; www.athomepd.org
- Draft research protocols, coordinate recruitment, enrollment, and evaluation of participants
- Draft and edit manuscripts, becoming a published author in leading peer-reviewed journals (our work has been published in journals including Nature, JAMA, NEJM, and Cell)
- Present abstracts at national and international research conferences
Position benefits include:
- Provide meaningful support to patients in our clinic and outside of it
- Develop close relationships with the participants for whom you coordinate care
- Pioneer new methods of care delivery and clinical research outcome measures for those with chronic conditions
- Collaborate with innovators from academic institutions, biotechnology companies, and nonprofit organizations
- Work closely with national leaders in Parkinson and Huntington disease care and research
Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of research, clinical care, coordination, and/or technology experience (can be during undergrad) required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two year commitment, US drivers’ license, and personal vehicle or ability to obtain one for transit between office, clinic, and other local and regional sites all strongly preferred. Start date May-July 2021. The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.