About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
This is a dual role as part of the Community Mobilizers team and the Operations and Grant Management team.
The Community Mobilizers work on the ground in Westchester, Long Island, and Brooklyn, with the community to address local needs. Within specific geographies, we mobilize and catalyze community members, and organizational leaders, to come together to solve critical challenges or realize potential opportunities in the Jewish community and beyond.
The Operations and Grants Management team is responsible for the financial and management processes and systems that support strategic planning and grant making at UJA-Federation of New York. This team works to ensure operational efficiencies as well as the effectiveness of all grant making systems across the division, and liaises with the Accounting, Impact Performance and Assessment, Information Technology Services, and Legal departments, as needed, to do so.
The Planning Assistant is responsible for the overall administrative needs of both the Community Mobilizers (CM) team and the Operations team. This will include supporting the Executive Director of CM and Director of Operations as well as providing administrative support to the individual members of each team. The Planning Assistant must be proactive, task- and detail-oriented, able to self-manage significant responsibility, and multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
This role will jointly report to the Executive Director of Community Mobilizers and Regional Planning and to the Director of Operations.
· Provide administrative support for both teams, including scheduling meetings, invoice management, maintaining tracking templates, filing expense reports, copying, mailings and other tasks as needed.
· Provide administrative support for committees and group meetings including coordinating schedules with invitees, communication and arrangement with internal resources, A/V requests, Zoom management, food orders, creating agendas, meeting reminders, tent cards, attendance, minutes, set up and clean up.
· Manage the daily calendar of the Executive Director and Director.
· Support individual team member projects.
· Assist with administrative details related to large departmental programs/convenings.
· Manage information systems including membership lists, grantee information, files, and fundraising system information.
· May be asked to travel locally to UJA’s Regional offices (Long Island, Westchester, Brooklyn) or other locations to provide on-site support for meetings and programs for Mobilizers.
· Coordination of inter- and intra-departmental communications, as it relates to assignments.
· Assist in identifying opportunities for improved efficiency.
· Execute or assist with special projects, as needed.
· Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Understanding of, or ability to learn, new technology and database systems including FR101, Mikrofax, UJA Grants system, and UJANet
· Superior attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks
· Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to shift priorities when needed in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent organizational, administrative, written and verbal communication skills
· Highly organized, efficient, and able to create and maintain systems that facilitate departmental management
· Flexibility, positive attitude, and sense of humor
· Openness to constructive feedback and commitment to self-improvement
· Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Bachelor’s degree preferred