The Weiss Lab at the Helen Diller Cancer Center at UCSF is seeking a talented, motivated and energetic individual looking to gain experience in academic research in a dynamic and diverse lab environment. Specifically, we are seeking a Junior Specialist who will join a team of scientists using stem cell based models to study mechanisms that drive neurally derived pediatric tumors. Candidates will perform molecular biology techniques, particularly cloning targeting constructs and CRISPR plasmids, assist in culturing and differentiating human stem cells, and analyze RNA and protein expression via qPCR analysis, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry and Western blot. The Junior Specialist will also work with mice, performing surgeries and orthotopic injections. Candidates will have the opportunity to present at lab meetings, career development seminars and conferences, earn authorships on publications where they contribute data, and will assist in lab management duties. This is an ideal position to gain experience in both basic science and translational research and suited for those who have a desire to pursue an advanced degree in biological sciences or medicine.
- BA/BS degree obtained or in progress in biological-related science (must have degree in handby the time of hire)
- Knowledge and/or experience with basic cell and molecular biology protocols
- Familiarity culturing mammalian cells
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a research team
- Experience with culturing human pluripotent stem cells
- Previous experience working with mice
- Genome editing (e.g. CRISRP/Cas9) experience
Please apply online with at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03518, with a CV, cover letter, and three references (contact information only).
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.