Make your mark for patients.
We’re here because we want to build the future and transform patients’ lives for the better.
At UCB, our people are our experiences and achievements, our passion and drive. That’s why we’re looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences – not just the best and brightest, but those who care about making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients. We promote an environment of diversity, openness, and respect where people can make valuable contributions.
An exciting journey lies ahead. Will you join us in pushing the boundaries of what’s possible?
To strengthen our Vector Production Team, based in our Boston Office, in Bedford MA, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Research Scientist – AAV Analytical Testing.
Vector Production team is looking for a talented scientist with experience in viral vector testing. This individual will contribute to multiple therapeutic gene therapy programs by supporting the Vector Production team by conducting routine AAV testing for the upstream and downstream production teams, generating research grade material and transferring process knowledge to CMC team.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Perform routine analytical testing of viral vectors (AAV) – from shake flasks up to 50L bioreactors
- Transfer analytical methods from process development to production
- Conduct transfer of analytical methods from production to CMC
- Support analytical testing for cross-functional platform development projects
- Collaborate with the upstream and downstream process development, CMC and vector biology teams
- Function independently and cross functionally across various UCB teams (medicinal chemists, cell biologists, disease area exerts, antibody engineers, etc)
You will contribute by:
- Conducting analytical testing for cross-functional platform development projects
- Manage priorities and engage in a multidisciplinary environment
- Collaborating with vector biology and discovery, and process development teams
- Presenting to CMC team for tech transfer of analytical methods
- Taking responsibility for titer and purity assays such as ddPCR, capsid ELISA and SDS-PAGE
- Cross-training and assisting Vector Production team with production and purification of viral vectors
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics or virology
- 1 year of direct AAV experience in industry
- 2 years of industry experience
- Previous experience in a scientific role that requires a high level of organization and strong attention to detail
- Experience in generating SOPs
- MSc degree with direct AAV analytical testing experience in industry
- 3 – years of industry experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Previous development of AAV or viral vector products
- Analytical method development experience for viral vectors
Why you should apply
At UCB, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients. Working for us you’ll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential. We place an emphasis on innovation, collaboration and impact. Through meaningful recognition and a motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience by caring about and valuing our employees – just as we do for the patients we serve.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.
At UCB, we come together every day to work, laser-focused, on a simple question: How will this create value for people living with severe diseases? By putting patients at the heart of everything we do, our approach – from discovery to development to delivery – is continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,600 employees and worldwide operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases. We are looking for people with passion and empathy who develop a real understanding of patient’s needs and can deliver thoughtful solutions to decisionmakers across the heath care ecosystem.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website www.ucb.com.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity.