U.S. News & World Report is a digital first media company dedicated to helping consumers and business professionals make important decisions. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for more than 85 years.
As a trusted authority providing empowerment and guidance that improves the quality of life for consumers and communities, U.S. News ultimately leads to better life decisions.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is important to us! We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. During this yearlong internship, you will manage the health editorial team’s brand-new medical review process, which involves working with doctors and other health experts to review and update advice content.
You will oversee all stages of the medical review process and ensure that it is a success. This role will involve working with many different stakeholders: reporters, editors, health experts, SEO analysts, web producers and more.
The health advice team provides a great consumer service via its accurate, up-to-date, easy-to-understand content. We help our readers make informed decisions about medical treatments and healthy living. This position will play a vital role in finessing a new process and elevating the team’s work to new heights.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Recruiting doctors to join our medical review board, which will involve networking and conducting explanatory phone calls.
- Onboarding reviewers to the team and managing paperwork and related assets.
- Managing relationships with these health experts to ensure retention.
- Identifying and preparing health stories for review.
- Accurately interpreting, understanding and addressing medical reviewers’ comments and making necessary tweaks, which might include reporting.
- Overseeing medical review process from step one until the reviewed content has been published.
POSITION REQUIREMENTSYou should definitely have:
- A journalism degree or reporting experience.
- Experience in health care and/or health reporting, and comfort in the world of health advice.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Extreme attention to details.
- Fact-checking skills.
- Proficiency in Google Docs.
It would be nice if you had:
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices.
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other job information
- This is a 1 year internship that pays $15 an hour
- Please submit a resume for consideration
- Please note that we will not offer visa sponsorship for this position.