The multimedia intern will work with the Multimedia staff to assist with production, writing, shooting, and editing multimedia products including photos, videos, podcasts and graphics, as well as other duties as assigned. Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite, AVID, or other editing software is preferred.
Qualifications & Requirements
Qualified candidates have a strong interest in, or are seeking a degree in, film/TV production, graphic design, photography, or a related field. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure are a must. Meticulous attention to detail is also necessary. Previous internship experience in a multimedia-related position is desirable.
All applicants for an internship must be United States citizens. All students who apply must have graduated from high school and be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student during the internship.
Please note that participation as a student intern is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background investigation. Under no circumstances will a student be allowed to work in any capacity before his or her background investigation is successfully completed.
- Work Schedules: The Office of Public Affairs is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Most interns work full time, but we require a minimum commitment of 20 hours a week.
- Academic Credit: Internships are only offered as student work-study programs and are not for compensation. Students accepted for an internship may earn academic credit while working in our office. Information on academic credit programs can be obtained from school placement offices.
How to Apply
Submit the following application materials in PDF format only via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline for the term being applied for. Application review will be ongoing leading up to the application deadline. Applications that are received after the deadline or that do not have all of the required material (in PDF format) may not be considered.
- Internship Application Form — Please indicate which internship track you are applying for.
- Cover letter
- Sample portfolio, which may include photos, videos, graphics, podcasts, or similar products that you created. If hosted online, you may send a link instead of including as a PDF.
Deadlines – Fall Program
Internships run the first Monday after Labor Day through December 15
- Applications are accepted until June 15th.
- Selected applicants must submit a completed security application package by July 15.
Questions regarding internships, applications, or materials should be directed to: email@example.com.