Cyber Operations Specialists conduct integrated and synchronized offensive cyberspace operations by targeting enemy and hostile adversary activities and capabilities. These specialists also conduct defensive operations to protect data, networks, net-centric capabilities, and other designated systems. They are responsible for detecting, identifying, and responding to attacks against friendly networks with other lethal and nonlethal actions that enable commanders to gain an advantage in cyberspace, across all domains.
- Provide crucial intelligence and network support that safeguards the cyber domain.
- Collect, analyze and report digital data.
- Maintain network defense tools such as routers and firewalls.
- Evaluate network defense operations.
- Respond to incidents in cyberspace.
- Surveillance and reconnaissance actions on specified systems and networks.
- Conduct network terrain audits, penetration testing, basic digital forensics and software threat analysis.
Job training for a cyber operations specialist requires two phases of Advanced Individual Training (AIT). Phase one includes 25 weeks of training in Corry Station, Florida. Phase two lasts 20 weeks, and takes place in Fort Gordon, Georgia.
Much of the training results in industry-leading certifications useful in both military and civilian careers. These certifications include:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CISCO Certified Networking Associate (CCNA)
- Self-discipline, confidence and intelligence
- Physical and mental fitness to perform under pressure
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Capability to bear numerous responsibilities
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
Cyber recruits also have access to the following:
- Advanced Civil Schooling (ACS)
- opportunities and Training with Industry (TWI) apprenticeships.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you will learn as a Cyber Operations Specialist will help prepare you for a career in government agencies, as well as jobs in global security companies.
- Some of these Organizations include:
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- National Security Agency (NSA)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
Up to $40,000 dollar sign on bonus and/or $50,000 Student Loan Repayment
- Free housing (or your rent paid directly) and utilities 100 percent covered for you and your family
- Free Medical and Dental for you and your family
- 30 days paid vacation.
- Free Travel.
- And much, much more…
You must be:
- Under 35
- No Major Law Violations (Sexual Misconducts, Domestics..)
- Be a US Citizen or Hold at least a green card (I-551)
- High School Diploma/GED holder
- No Major Medical issues (Missing Limbs, Mental Health Issues..)