About The TerraCotta Group
The TerraCotta Group (TerraCotta) is a private investment firm that specializes in commercial real estate (CRE) credit. Founded in 2004, TerraCotta has pioneered the application of data-driven methodologies in CRE credit investment. The unique blend of our advanced data analytics and deep real estate credit experience enables us to offer credit solutions tailored to meet the unique needs of individual borrowers. Over the past 16 years, we have developed a proprietary, cutting-edge lending methodology that uses proprietary and third-party data and predictive data analytics to offer investable insights – and ultimately, to drive investment decisions. We have continuously refined and expanded our methodology to yield actionable, investable insights into middle market real estate credit opportunities, delivering stable, attractive, risk-adjusted returns across all market cycles. TerraCotta is led by a team of ambitious, visionary leaders who hold PhDs in Economics, Technology and Systems, with decades of C-suite experience in investment management. Our performance track record is one of the best in the industry.
TerraCotta’s Unique Work Environment
At TerraCotta, a team of ambitious and talented professionals with different backgrounds come together to solve complex CRE credit problems to advance our field. On a daily basis, it is about expanding our horizons, learning together as a team, and making a substantive impact. In the process, we suspend our ego and push our own boundaries to collectively and individually fulfill our highest potential. TerraCotta is a unique opportunity for the right candidate: we are an entrepreneurial growth company with the track record of an established firm, a merit-based and hardworking culture, and a fast-paced but affable work environment. There is no star, no politics, or big ego. In order to maintain the pristine investment culture, there is little tolerance for workplace politics, lack of transparency, unethical behaviors, or intellectual dishonesty. The emphasis on straight-forward and constructive communication is paramount for maintaining high performance and efficiency in investment and operational processes. The bar for performance is high. Compensation for performers is highly competitive, and sky is the limit for those who are ready.
About the Position
Upon joining the firm, you will learn CRE and related credit investment analysis concepts from experienced members of the TerraCotta team. You will support the investment team by learning and applying our proprietary data and fact-based investment methodology, as well as participate in making improvements to the same. Through your work as part of the investment team you will be involved in all aspects of CRE credit investing
As an Investment Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to senior team members during the underwriting and due diligence process of assessing commercial real estate loans, as well as support during the loan servicing of existing loans;
- Preparing financial projections, market analysis, including vacancy, absorption, and comparable rents and sales. Research and collection of data to support the investment theses;
- Assisting with all aspects of credit structuring and financing due-diligence, including preparation of loan underwriting packages, compiling and analyzing spreadsheets, providing market research, sponsor and financial statement review, and presentation assistance;
- Assisting with the review and analysis of a variety of real estate related documents, such as purchase & sales agreements, leases, and estoppels;
- Assistance with review and analysis of third-party reports, such as appraisals, environmental reports, property condition reports, etc;
- Assisting with loan portfolio management and investor reporting;
- Assisting in the coordination of company events: event registrations, coordinating vendors, etc.;
Characteristics, Skills, and Education
- We seek an adaptable self-starter who possesses the following characteristics: a strong work ethic, confidence, initiative, resourcefulness, and persistence;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including experience with Excel;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- An ability to work under strict deadlines and capacity to successfully manage multiple tasks in a dynamic professional environment;
- A strong sense of curiosity, desire to learn continuously, and expand one’s horizons;
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a reputable institution with an emphasis in Economics, Statistics, Math, or any of the social sciences.