Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today’s gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We’re looking for an Ecommerce Content Analytics Intern who will join our eCommerce-DTC team.
Our remote internship program is designed to cultivate the professional growth of students through a dynamic work environment. Over the course of 12 weeks you will work on meaningful projects and have opportunities to learn from industry leaders. We are committed to your development but will also rely on you to bring new knowledge, new ideas, and innovation into our organization.
The eCommerce-DTC team supports the eCommerce business for retail partners and direct to consumer sites. The team is rapidly growing and works cross-functionally with sales, marketing, supply chain, content production & syndication, analytics and finance. As an Ecommerce Content Analytics Intern, you will work closely with these teams.
Interns will be assigned an individual project focused on real world opportunities within their hiring manager’s team. Projects could include: competitive analysis, process optimization, data analysis, and/or strategic planning. A final project presentation will be presented to leadership at the end of the internship program. In addition to the individual project, eCommerce-DTC interns will be assigned a group project case study, that will simulate the cross-functional nature of working on the eCommerce-DTC team.
This internship position requires a great deal of problem solving and analytical skills to assist the team in developing insightful reports. Key responsibilities include using data sets and reporting tools to aid in identifying trends, issues and opportunities. Then, be able to share insights to support action plans to drive traffic, conversion and sales across DTC and Retailer sites.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Ratings & Reviews:
- Assist in the ratings & reviews sampling process, which requires working with cross-functional partners, creating product reports and identifying product issues and opportunities through sentiment analysis;
- Work closely with supply chain and consumer services to execute sampling campaigns;
- Communicate with brand to aid in identifying key complaints in ratings & reviews;
- Support readiness reporting as needed for accurate seasonal strategy planning.
- Content Performance:
- Identify and support content improvements on product listings to help increase engagement, conversion and sales;
- Contribute to the collection and analysis of insights and data to improve online; customer experiences, and manage and prioritize requests;
- Aid in monitoring eMerchandising trends and provide recommendations to convert consumers through content.
- Investigate unstructured data via customer reviews, comments, questions;
- Support implementation of action plans based on insight and KPI reports;
- Collaborate with analytics team to help assess competitor’s online product execution through qualitative and quantitative data points: content quality, integrity, availability, and placement;
- Utilize Profitero and other analytics platforms as diagnostic and insight-driving tools;
- Use tools such as PowerBi, Tableau, and Monday.com to generate reports.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree in business, marketing, finance, statistics, economics or related field
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication
- Organizational skills and ability to balance multiple projects, task and priorities
- Possess strong analytical skills and ability to use data to identify insights and recommendations;
- Ability to work cross-functionally and thrive in a team environment
- Passion and interest in eCommerce, Digital Marketing, Sales and/or CPG industry
Some perks of working at Scotts Miracle-Gro:
- Competitive pay
- Virtual social events
- Fully remote, flexible work schedule
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law