The Refinery is an award-winning entertainment advertising agency located in Sherman Oaks. We work with all of the major studios producing creative digital, print, and A/V campaigns for theatrical properties and television/streaming content.
First off, we are seeking candidates who embody our core values – Refiners are driven, kind, ego-free, client-focused and talented. In addition, even when our clients change their minds for seemingly the 100th time – we don’t ever quit. While working virtually, we have continued to maintain a corporate culture in which caring for each other remains a top priority. We still celebrate everything – from birthdays to our Halloween costume contest to National Donut Day!
If your values align with ours and you’re a graphic designer with a passion for entertainment, we invite you to apply for our entry-level print creative Internship. This is a 3-month full time paid internship opportunity where you’ll learn the many stages that go into designing a movie poster. You’ll be paired with a mentor to learn the tricks of the trade, expand your Adobe Creative Suite skills, and have the freedom to conceptualize and create key art for theatrical, broadcast, streaming, home entertainment, and/or gaming projects.
During your internship, responsibilities will include:
- Maintain open communication with assigned mentor on a daily basis
- React to feedback on your work an open, positive demeanor and make changes requested
- Compile sketch / concept presentations using InDesign, Google Slides, and/or Keynote
- Expand your Photoshop knowledge to produce design work more quickly and with more polish
- Hone skills in stock and photo asset shot selection, and producing thumbnail sketches
- Contribute innovative ideas to promote winning pitch decks
- Along with working on building your own ideas, execute concepts provided by more senior creative staff
- Assist Art Directors with masking, making revisions, or other tasks as needed
Although this position is currently remote, candidates should be willing to be onsite (at least some of the time) once our office fully reopens.
To demonstrate your talent and enthusiasm for this career, we will invite you to participate in our Poster Design Contest as the next step in our application process. Look for those detailed instructions at the email address you provide along with the deadline for submitting your entry shortly after you apply.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.