As a paid part-time employee of The Orchard, you’ll be an advocate for artists that The Orchard distributes. You’ll promote 3-6 artists per month, as well as one-off promotions as they arise, in your college town and on campus by implementing digital and in-person marketing strategies. You’ll be a tastemaker in your market by working with local businesses, record stores, DJs, promoters, campus organizations, etc. You’ll be in charge of hosting listening events, organizing campus activations, and creating digital content for social media that directly supports The Orchard’s artists. Your focus will be on new releases and tour support for artists covering a wide range of genres. You’ll gain first hand music industry experience and be on the forefront of upcoming artists and new music.
- Organically create awareness of The Orchard’s artists by liaising with and building relationships with influencers in your markets such as: your college radio station, DJs, student organizations, college newspaper and local sites to exploit all opportunities for exposure such as reviews, radio plays, and interviews
- Maintain a local social media presence that promotes the artists you’ll be working with, utilizing a mix of digital assets that are supplied to you and creating your own content to support The Orchard’s artists
- Implement in-person marketing initiatives at record stores, lifestyle shops, and on campus*
- Research appropriate online sites, forums, and networks for the key 18-24yr old demographic for each artist
- Research & attend local and campus events that will best facilitate the promotion of our artists*
- Attend our artists’ shows to hand out promotional tools and get feedback from fans*
- Submit a detailed report on your marketing successes and initiatives for each campaign you run
- You will gain real world music industry experience that will be a great addition to your resume
- You have the opportunity to express your creativity through your locally run social channels, in our team brainstorms, and in your concert/album reviews
- You’ll have access to inside information that will improve your marketing outreach
- You’ll receive free ticket(s) into our artists’ shows & possible meet and greet passes*
- You’ll build valuable relationships within your local music industry
- + many more!
Who you are:
- You are an Undergraduate Student currently enrolled in a 4 year university in Seattle, WA with a minimum of 2 years left prior to graduation
- You are able to manage your own hours and be accountable for the work assigned to you
- You have a passion for music, an understanding of how your peers discover and consume music, and a deep interest in music business & marketing
- You have an understanding of social media marketing and an active presence on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook – TikTok a plus
- You have availability of 20 hours per week
- You’re well-written, well-spoken, a team player, and an excellent communicator
- You have transportation methods and live within 30 minutes of Seattle
- You have a flexible schedule for team conference calls and tour coverage
*The Orchard is following COVID-19 guidelines and all in-person marketing initiatives are on hold until further notice.
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit www.theorchard.com.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.