Requisition Number: 18-0565
Title: Cost Accountant
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
This position will perform a variety of accounting tasks, heavily focused on maintaining the accuracy of inventory costs in a multi-company environment. Our company is transitioning to a new ERP system; this candidate will assist in developing and streamlining cost tracking solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• In collaboration with the Cost Accounting Team, oversee maintenance of costs for all inventory items to ensure proper allocation.
• Analyze collected cost data and report anomalies to management in an effort to control expenditures.
• To generate ad-hoc information (normally commercial, purchasing or operational related) to support the analysis of business performance.
• Compile, analyze and report inventory write-off detail on a regular basis. Work in conjunction with warehouse staff to create preventative measures.
• Inter-company and inter-system reconciliations.
• Identify and recommend cost effective solutions.
• Assist with month-end closing process.
• Participate in year-end close functions, such as the audit and physical inventories.
• Perform miscellaneous requests as needed.
• BS or BA in Accounting.
• CPA or CMA preferred.
• A minimum of one to three years of accounting experience, with some inventory accounting experience. Industry experience is a plus but not required.
• Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
• Must be detail oriented, with problem solving ability, and strong organization skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), General Ledger, Accounting software, and 10 key.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and uses hands and fingers to operate a keyboard, mouse, telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• This position will be performed in Bellevue, WA.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Odom Corporation offers competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, 401k plan, and much more!
Background/Drug Screen. EOE.