The Interior Design Specialist provides and owns interior design projects from concept to completion. This is completed through e-design, interior design, customer service, and project management. The individual's primary areas of focus and responsibility will be to serve as The Mine's in house interior designer and help support the management of the interior design process and projects received ranging from large scale homes to customer emails requesting interior design skills and knowledge. The Interior Design Specialist will report to the Trend & Design Department Manager who will review, oversee and approve large design projects.
The Interior Design Specialist learns internal methods, order tracking and theme development from the Trend and Design Manager, but is expected to already hold full knowledge when it comes to fully designing a home. Hospitality design experience a plus. The key deliverables/outcomes of this role include interior design presentations, project management, and the necessities that go into the completion of designs, including full knowledge in Autocad or Revit, Keynote, and Spec Sheets.
In addition to interior and e-design projects, this position will assist with photoshoots, blog posts, mood boards, style & trend analysis, curated categories, image galleries, and design presentations. To accomplish this, the person in this role must have knowledge of style, trend and design and talent for coordinating/curating products.
Included in the role is independent research and analysis to compile and report forward looking style and trend developments from diverse resources (e.g., industry trade shows, international design shows, competitive analysis, consumer insights, shopping comparable markets/retail environments, magazines, as well as a plethora of design blogs and web sites). Additionally the Interior Design Specialist will have responsibility for gathering, integrating, and organizing elements, such as visual representations and/or samples for team deliverables, into categorized themes of information in order to assist in the forecasting for mood and behavior of consumers.
This role will support the businesses by providing in house interior design service through e-design, full service interior design from concept to completion, customer service, and project management
• Assumes responsibility of interior design project scope of work and schedule from concept to completion.
• Coordinates with order management/fulfillment team to ensure products are arriving on time and project is running smoothly.
• Manages in-house email questions pertaining to interior design, design projects, with an end goal of closing a sale through e-design and design and style expertise.
• Ability to work within a budget and recommend alternate design products to project team when item cannot be produced within project timeframe or exceeds approved budget.
• Presents the interior design concepts, design intent and other illustrative materials for a project to internal team.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Must have a genuine passion for interior design, style, trend, and a thorough understanding of the landscape of modern design and how it relates to the past, present and future
• Bachelor's degree in Interior Design with 2+ years of experience OR 3+ years working on interior design projects
• 3+ years demonstrating skill and fluency in leveraging leading layout and design applications such as Photoshop, Autocad or Revit, SketchUp, Illustrator, Power Point, and Adobe Creative Suites, etc. to create visually impactful interior design Spec sheets, presentations, and homes.
• Experience with MS Office and ability to create presentations based off of research data
• Demonstrated ability to provide full interior design scope as evidence through portfolio review of past projects