THE KOREA SOCIETY is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) organization with individual and corporate members that is dedicated solely to the promotion of greater awareness, understanding, and cooperation between the people of the United States and Korea.
The Society seeks a creative, self-motivated, organized, and energized person to fill the Associate position in the Arts & Culture department. The Arts & Culture Associate works primarily with the Senior Director of Arts & Culture, supporting all aspects of coordinating and developing contemporary culture and arts programs of the Korea Society; the officer also supports work in other activities of the Society on an as-needed basis.
- Assist Senior Director of A&C in planning, curating, and executing gallery exhibitions
- Assist in coordinating installation and de-installation of exhibitions and promotional materials
- Provide tours and maintain the gallery space for visitors
- Assist Senior Director of A&C in the development, coordination, and implementation of contemporary culture programs and events
- Assist Senior Director of A&C in researching potential speakers, artists, and funding sources and partnering with other organizations to organize regular programs
- Assist with on-site program management including reception and registration, event A/V tasks, setup and breakdown
- Assist live webcast and video release programs by managing audience questions and supporting the Senior Director of A&C during the editing process
Young Professionals Network
- Assist senior leadership in coordinating the Young Professionals’ Network and organizing YPN events
- Identify speakers and conduct press and audience outreach and coordinate program administrative logistics.
- Establish and maintain productive partnerships Assist in Strategizing and implementing ways to stimulate further connectivity to the Korean-American community in service of Korea Society’s mission.
- Assist Senior Director of A&C during the grant processes
- Utilize social media to promote Arts and Culture programs
- Update Salesforce
- Assist in recruiting and managing interns in your area of responsibility.
- Academic background in Asian Studies, Art History, and/or Art Management preferred
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in using social media tools such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter; knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Previous experience in communications, outreach and media relations a plus
- Video editing skills a plus
- Korean language skills a plus
- Position requires occasional nights and weekends
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Vacation, Sick Days and Personal Days
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- $40-45K/year DOE
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Arts & Culture: Your Name” in the subject line. Only applications emailed email@example.com will be accepted. No phone calls.