The Bush School is dedicated to valuing different perspectives and backgrounds, inspiring curiosity, motivating employees to take risks, and encouraging compassion and kindness. Our employees enjoy an environment that inspires creativity while being part of a collaborative community.
Alumni and Donor Relations Manager
Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Yearlong Position (12-month schedule)
Compensation is based on experience
* This position is eligible for health and retirement benefits (details during hiring process).
* This position requires applicants to be, at the time of application, legally authorized to work in the United States. The Bush School does not offer visa sponsorship for this position and will not consider applicants who require visa sponsorship.
The Bush School is in search of an individual to join our Development team as an Alumni and Donor Relations Manager. The Alumni and Donor Relations Manager will advance the mission of The Bush School by strengthening relationships with Bush alumni and donors; partnering with the school’s office of Intercultural Affairs; and being a collaborative member of the Bush Development Team.
The Alumni and Donor Relations Manager is part of the school’s Development team and reports to the Assistant Director of Development and works closely with all other members of the Development and Communication teams as well as the Office of Intercultural Affairs. This position will play a key role in leading the transition of the development office towards a relationship-based model of building community through philanthropy to support the needs of the school. We are looking for a candidate who can further the school’s priorities of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), who hopes to build bridges and create connections through DEI work, and who has a background that displays and proves an understanding of intercultural fluency.
As The Bush School approaches its 100th anniversary in 2024, we are looking for a candidate who will manage the Centennial Task Force, a board task force that is charged with sharing the history of The Bush School.
While other duties may be assigned, a qualified candidate will be able to manage the key responsibilities and tasks listed below:
· In collaboration with the Assistant Director for Development, build an alumni relations program that is designed to meaningfully engage alumni with opportunities to reconnect, visit campus and engage with Bush philanthropically.
· Plan and execute alumni events (class reunions, alumni day, regional alumni events).
· Build meaningful relationships with alumni to connect them with the school, with each other, and with students. Collaborate with the Director of Intercultural Affairs to promote meaningful ways for Black, Indigenous, & People of Color (BIPOC) alumni engagement.
· Centennial Task Force management of monthly meetings, developing agendas, and project managing the work flow of this group.
· Lead alumni engagement efforts throughout the alumni lifecycle. Including: Senior Project student fundraising and fund distribution, Lifer celebrations (seniors who have been at Bush K-12), and young alumni engagement.
· Alumni program development in support of the School’s strategic priorities. This may include projects such as establishing a mentoring program for BIPOC students and alumni, work with affinity groups, and new engagement opportunities for the alumni community.
Alumni Stewardship & Communications
· Serve as Development team lead for the production of Gratitude (annual report of giving) and Experience alumni magazine.
· Produce quarterly alumni e-newsletter.
· Manage and develop content for alumni social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn).
· Manage annual Endowment reports including financials, impact stories, and distribution.
As a Member of the Bush Development Team
· Promote a culture of building community through philanthropy; raise awareness and understanding of philanthropy among all constituencies.
· Be an active and visible participant in the life of The Bush School.
· Successfully complete other duties as assigned.