The Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy. This is a part-time 12-hours per week, unpaid telecommute internship. The internship is for 12 weeks and responsibilities will include leading public and political outreach in your state and district.
- Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in your State and District.
- Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and community events.
- Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
- Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
- As needed, speak to groups, classes and organizations.
- Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders, media and other groups.
– Outstanding writing skills.
– Self-starter who can produce great results with limited supervision.
– Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings and give speeches.
Details: This is an unpaid opportunity. The opportunity is 12-hours per week for 12-weeks and is a telecommute role, however we do have a dedicated manager who supervises the position, offering daily contact via email or video chat (if needed), monthly 101 sessions and catch up calls with team members.
Start Date: New programs begin every month, you choose the month you wish to start.