Entwine’s Marketing team has an exciting opportunity for an outstanding content creator experienced in marketing campaigns, and with a good eye for design. The Marketing Communications Manager will support Entwine’s Marketing function in driving the execution of a robust marketing, PR, branding, and communications strategy that engages current and new audiences. They will own the execution of multi-channel digital marketing initiatives. They will help to increase Entwine’s brand equity within the communities we serve, engage with current and potential audiences, generate marketing qualified leads for the organization, and execute integrated marketing and communications efforts.
NOTE: Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, JDC has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely and developing a set of extensive COVID-19 policies. Interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day are being conducted remotely. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we’re safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.
What will you do as a Marketing Communications Manager?
Content Development & Management
- Work cross-functionally with Entwine staff to deliver impactful recruitment campaigns that generate program participants including development of emails and social media marketing
- Work closely with the Entwine Engagement Unit to produce marketing materials that reflect the needs of our core audience and are used for Entwine programs, events, and partnerships
- Assist in both website and social media content management, ensuring that copy/content is trendy, consistent, relevant, high-quality and aligns with our values and mission
- Provide administrative management for the marketing function including tracking and processing vendor contracts and agreements
Brand & Copyediting
- Help with the generation of copy, and the revision of content for grammatical and contextual accuracy and consistency with the organization’s voice, brand, and mission in mind
- Organize all branded templates for internal staff and external partners and assist with ongoing training to ensure brand adherence across all communications and content
- Plan and develop engaging campaigns to educate audiences about Entwine, the communities we serve, and global causes
- Help to project-manage the development of articles for publication
- Identify and test new marketing channels to aid organizational growth
- Conduct marketing research to enhance the comprehensive marketing strategy
What qualifications do you need to be our Marketing Communications Manager?
- Knowledge of marketing best practices and prior experience building and executing omni-channel integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience with digital engagement and growth marketing initiatives, tools, and lead generation marketing strategies
- Prior experience successfully developing and implementing new marketing programs, structures and processes in a professional marketing role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for visual and written storytelling, copy writing and editing, and content development
- Working knowledge of Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Proficiency in content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, or others) and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent relational and teamwork skills; able to work well with colleagues, lay leaders, and field professionals
- Motivation and ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines through time and project management skills
- Familiarity with the North American Jewish young adult community a plus
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Hours: 35 hours/week, 8:45 AM – 4:45PM
- Location: New York, NY
- Reports to: Director of Marketing, JDC Entwine
- Job Function/Department: Entwine
- Other: Requires the ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed; currently JDC is not traveling for work due to COVID-19.
What are the compensation and benefits for a Marketing Communications Manager?
- This a full-time, salaried position paid semi-monthly. This role is exempt per the FLSA.
- We offer an excellent benefits and compensation package, including but not limited to:
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance for employee coverage
- Paid time off, including vacation days, sick and personal days, and Jewish and national holidays
- Paid parental leave policy
- 403(b) with JDC contributions of 6.5% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, and life insurance
- Learning & Development: Ongoing opportunities for professional development through workshops and trainings with our internal L&D program
- Food Perks: Bagel Fridays in the winter, Ice Cream Fridays in the summer, and beverages/snacks in the office
Why work at JDC?
- The People – What we hear most from our team members is that they enjoy working with others who share their passion for doing good; Our staff aim to use their skills to make a positive difference in the lives of others
- A Global Environment – you will have the opportunity to develop a global perspective, working with staff from the U.S., Israel, the Former Soviet Union, and all over the world
- Tikkun Olam – This Jewish value of “repairing the world” is deeply important to us. Collectively we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of others
Equal Employment Opportunity
JDC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As the world’s leading global Jewish humanitarian organization, we are committed to treating people with compassion and respect. All qualified applications will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, mental disorder, familial status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Submit your resume here.
Application Deadline: 5/12/2021
Expected Start Date: June 2021
JDC — the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee or “The Joint” — is the leading Jewish humanitarian organization, working in 70 countries to lift lives and strengthen communities. We rescue Jews in danger, provide aid to vulnerable Jews, develop innovative solutions to Israel’s most complex social challenges, cultivate a Jewish future, and lead the Jewish community’s response to crises. For over 100 years, our work has put the timeless Jewish value of mutual responsibility into action, making JDC essential to the survival of millions of people and the advancement of Jewish life across the globe.
For more information, please visit www.JDC.org.