Consider before applying: This position is expected to start around May/Jun and continue through Aug/Sep. Internships are in-person for 40 hours a week for a minimum of 12 weeks. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Programs at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Locations: Fremont, CA; Palo Alto, CA
Tesla is seeking highly motivated software engineering students who interested in the field of Site Reliability Engineering. Our SRE’s are incredibly talented and responsible for planning, designing and managing key infrastructure components. Interns in this organization will be part of a collaborative team of engineers who push the boundaries of Tesla products and services.
Your application will be considered across all opportunities for the teams listed below:
- Applications Engineering: We are currently looking for an intern to help architect, build, manage and operate the Infrastructure & applications for Tesla’s Engineering teams including Connected Systems, Firmware and Autopilot. In this role, you will plan, design, implement as well as manage ongoing Infrastructure components that powers the development of Tesla’s Vehicles and technologies.
- Big Data Platform: We are a small, expert, cross-functional team made of data engineers and SREs. We are building a fairly large platform that other teams ranging from autopilot to service technicians leverage to collect and access data. We are already processing trillions of events per day but with more and more cars on the road, more and more Superchargers, Powerwalls, solar installations, new factories in China and Europe, and, of course, new products coming to markets, we need to think about scaling up our hybrid infrastructure to the next level!
- Business Ops & Infrastructure: The Infrastructure Engineering team designs and implements a diverse set of services and tools that power our internal software and processes. The projects you support will have a significant impact on the business and will allow us to scale at Ludicrous speed!
- Currently working towards a degree in Computer Science or related field of study with a graduation date between 2024 – 2025
- Proficiency in one or more of the following developer skills: Python, Go, Java, C/C++ or other common industry languages
- Experience with building and/or maintaining infrastructure and services
- Nice to haves: React, JS, Angular, CSS MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle
- Excellent grasp of fundamental computer science concepts and ability to write well-organized code. • Eagerness to collaborate cross-functionally with other engineering teams while able to work independently; detail-oriented and execution focused
- Genuine curiosity and willingness to understand how our products are designed, built and how they operate