Consider before applying: This position is expected to start around May/Jun and continue through Aug/Sep. Internships are in-person for 40 hours a week for a minimum of 12 weeks. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Programs at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them ownership over projects that are critical to their team’s success.
- Palo Alto, CA
About the Team
Fleetnet is an agile team of engineers building the systems that connect Tesla and our customers to their cars.
Companies have talked for years about the future of “connected cars.” At Tesla, we’re at the forefront of innovation by providing a complete suite of rich backend services to our exponentially growing fleets. Our team specialized in IoT communication and server-side software. We’re in charge of every remote interaction with the vehicles (remote control, remote diagnostic, vehicle telemetry for self-learning Autopilot algorithm, APIs for mobile apps, etc.). We constantly send over-the-air software updates to deliver new features and improvements to our customers.
We are looking for a motivated software students experienced in web services and distributed systems. You will be building a highly scalable platform that will deliver functionality to millions of Tesla devices and users.
- Architect, maintain and improve Tesla’s Connected Systems UI codebase
- Build scalable, performant, maintainable and well-tested features
- Design APIs in close cooperation with other teams and stakeholders
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field with a gradation date between 2024 – 2025
- Experience in web development building highly reliable, mission-critical software
- Proficiency in frontend and backend development, with frequent production releases
- Experience with Rails, React, Ruby or Webpack
- Nice to have: Experience with Go and Kubernetes, Knowledge of best practices, information security, and API design principles, Experience with gathering and building requirements from multiple stakeholders