Imagine a world where you only have ONE shot to find product/market fit. That’s the world that storytellers live in. Tales (http://www.taleswriter.com) provides creators the data to find story/market fit and the economics to scale ideas into massive franchises.
Tales is making the modern book. Our platform enables writers to add visuals, audio, choices, analytics, and monetization to any story. Creators are making everything from visual novels to RPGs on our platform. Imagine Roblox but for fiction writers.
Join us and together we’ll connect storytellers with consumers, cut out the gatekeepers, and build the next Netflix powered by creators in the process.
Specialization is for insects, developers at Tales will do a little bit of everything. We expect you to have shipped mobile apps and touched a large variety of systems. We’re not looking for someone to mentor; we’re looking for leaders who can clear the way for their colleagues. Loot drop tables and inventory systems? Check. Branching narratives? Piece of cake. Tools that empower designers? You’ve lost track of how many things you’ve built to help others or yourself save time.
- Gameplay: The core gameplay on Tales is simple today but you’ll have the opportunity to add deeper mechanics, with an eye on accessibility for both players and writers.
- Reading: We’re reinventing the reading process for a mobile-native world. You’ll be working on innovative ways to delivering fiction-based storytelling.
- Recommendations: Similar to Netflix, our job is to get the perfect story to the right consumer. You’ll be working on systems that will surface great content in delightful ways.
- Language: Fluency with Unity and C#. Comfortable debugging/profiling to improve performance.
- Product Intuition: You should have an eye for UI/UX; comfortable operating off wireframes.
- Experience: Must have completed a game-jam game or worked on a team that shipped a game.
- Bonus: Knowledge of DevOps (e.g. build automation) and cloud-based SDK integration.
- Tell us about a game you made and include your Linkedin to: email@example.com