Brief Description of SyntheX
SyntheX is a therapeutics company that is discovering and developing new cell permeable peptide-based compounds for modulating intracellular protein-protein interactions (PPIs). Using synthetic biology, we engineered cell-based, plug and play drug discovery platforms that rely on a simple viability readout for coupling compound production to functional selection. The technology allows us to produce and screen intracellular libraries of compounds that can selectively disrupt or bridge PPIs of interest. We are currently focusing on oncology and have a pre-clinical program as well as several discovery programs.
We are a fast growing startup located in the Mission Bay neighborhood of San Francisco. Additional information can be found on www.synthexlabs.com.
Job Positions Available
- PhD Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics or related field with expertise in yeast and bacterial cell biology/genomics
- Duties include designing, engineering and constructing yeast and bacterial strains in order to build novel compound libraries for drug discovery screens
- Biochemistry skills with extensive experience in enzymology and protein chemistry preferred
- PhD Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related field with expertise in proteomics
- Duties include designing and conducting whole cell proteomic analysis using LC-MS methods
- Experience in natural product and peptide analytical chemistry preferred
- PhD Immunology, Physiology, or related field with expertise in immunology and oncology
- Duties include designing and overseeing mechanistic studies relating to immunogenic cell death
- Experience with animal studies and understanding of in-vivo immune-oncology mechanisms preferred
- Adhering to good documentation and lab note keeping standards
- The candidate will provide regular project updates in team meetings
- Ability to work independently and effectively programs in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrates strong motivation, attention to detail, and ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment
- Good scientific and laboratory skills with a keen eye for detail and a passion for science, innovation and learning
This role offers a unique opportunity to be part of growing a company. It offers significant exposure to new scientific research and development. A successful candidate will have the opportunity for career progression and professional growth as the company grows. It is an opportunity to work with a small, dedicated, and diverse professional team working towards the goal of expanding the drug discovery toolkit and helping advance therapies to patients.