About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in work and life. We are looking for Cultural Resources Field Technicians with experience in Pacific Northwest archaeology. The positions are “on call” based in Portland, Oregon. The applicant should be located in Portland, Oregon or close by. Wages are hourly and based on level of experience, with overtime paid for time worked over 40 hours.
What you will accomplish
- The work will generally include archaeological pedestrian survey supplemented with shovel testing in the Pacific Northwest.
- Heavy machinery monitoring, and associated field recording will be common activities, including completing forms, digital photography and in-field mapping, as will National Register testing and data recovery procedures on larger projects.
- Assist the project managers to complete office, lab work, and GPS data collection in the field.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field required
- Completion of an accredited Archaeology field school or comparable experience required
- Previous experience preferred, especially in the Pacific Northwest
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
- Knowledge of data gathering tablets is a plus
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among the Top 100 of Engineering News-Record’s Environmental Firms.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.