WHO is Sound Generations?
We are a comprehensive non-profit organization that serves older adults and people with disabilities in King County. Our mission is to support people on their aging journey through community connections and accessible services.
We are currently seeking Medicare Advisor to join our Health & Wellness Team in Seattle!!!
Sound Generations Medicare Advisor Program provides service to clients’ changing health insurance needs by providing options to current and prospective Medicare beneficiaries.
WHAT will I do?
As the Medicare Advisor, you will establish productive working relationships with clients, healthcare providers, and insurance carriers. You will advise and help meet clients’ changing health insurance needs by providing options to current and prospective Medicare beneficiaries while exuding excellence client service. As a licensed insurance agent, you must adhere to highest standards of integrity and comply with the letter and spirit of all related laws, regulations and policies.
WHAT are the pay and benefits?
- Pay: $55,000 Annually
- Great Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance coverage.
- Employer paid 401k plan
- 3 weeks paid vacation to start! Plus paid sick leave, 2 personal days and 10 paid holidays.
- Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter benefits and more!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilize consultative sales techniques to prospect and initiate the sale of Medicare supplement policies with high integrity.
- Identify and implement marketing plans and prospecting opportunities.
- Assess and ascertain clients’ long-term healthcare goals and recommend plans based on client needs.
- Assist clients with Medicare enrollment and renewal processes.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local regulations and Sound Generations policies and procedures.
- Receive inbound calls from individuals who have questions on Medicare plan options and make outbound sales calls.
- Provide consistent contact with clients, which includes planning future follow-up communications and needs assessments.
- Maintain customer relationship management database with summary of interaction and updated client files.
- Meet sales and productivity goals on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Establish sales representation agreements and relationships with insurance carriers.
- Participate in mandatory program and organizational activities, meetings and trainings.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote diversity, equity and inclusion. Participate in events related to understanding institutional racism and other forms of oppression.
- Regular and satisfactory attendance and punctuality.
- Assume and effectively discharge other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma OR Equivalent.
- One (1) year of related work or volunteer experience.
- Ability to obtain a Washington State Disability (Health) Insurance license within 60 days.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate skills that promote diversity, equity and inclusion in a culturally diverse environment.
- Knowledge of insurance laws, regulations and sales.
- Provide excellent customer service and effectively solve problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to use consultative sales techniques to prospect and initiate Medicare supplement sales with high integrity.
- Learn, interpret and apply policies, procedures, instructions, and other information.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships and communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and external audiences via in person, phone, email, and virtual platforms.
- Ability to multi-task, manage deadlines, and produce quality results.
- Ability to work in a remote environment and effectively use web-based applications and productivity software including: Zoom, Skype, Teams, Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.
- Continually learn and utilize a variety of information systems and software.