At Sonoma BioTherapeutics, our vision is to develop curative cell-based immunotherapies for autoimmune diseases. We have innovative science originating from our founder’s world class labs and a unique and disruptive approach to research and development. Our company is first and foremost focused on understanding the science. We are a learning organization, dependent on deep collaborative relationships between all of our colleagues, partners and founders.
We are seeking a hardworking, enthusiastic Associate Scientist for the Process Biology group at Sonoma Biotherapeutics in Seattle. The ideal candidate will have experience with stable cell line generation and lentivirus production as well as setting up in vitro cell-based functional assays to measure CAR T cell cytotoxicity, cytokine release, and proliferation. Experience with flow cytometry is required. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to carry out independent and cross-functional teamwork, demonstrate creativity and apply critical thinking, eager to learn, help develop new SOPs, and generate reproducible, high quality data to inform development of Sonoma Biotherapeutics’s next generation CAR T cell therapy platforms.
- Lentiviral production and stable cell line generation
- Detailed record keeping and communication.
- CAR T cell culture -counting, activation, expansion, and cryopreservation.
- CAR T cell phenotypic and functional assessment using flow cytometry, in vitro co-culture assays.
- Collaborate with Scientists and other RAs to design, execute and troubleshoot experiments
- Willing to wear many hats as is expected in a startup environment
- Highly organized, detailed documentation of experimental procedures. (Previous experience with electronic lab notebooks (ELN) is a plus!)
- Generate, analyze, interpret, and present data to team
- Experience with purchasing and negotiating purchase pricing.
- Mammalian cell culture, preferably experience culturing primary human immune cells, T cells, maintenance of cell lines, cell transfection and transduction, stable cell line generation.
- Cell-based in vitro assays
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry panel design and analysis.
- Molecular biology (PCR, western blot, DNA/RNA isolation, quantification).
- Attention to details
- Experience engineering T cells (CAR T or TCR T cells) strongly preferred
- Experience with gene-modification of immune cells using lentiviral, retroviral, CRISPR-Cas9, or other techniques
- Experience with cytokine analysis (ELISA, Luminex and Incucyte cell growth assays
- Conduct T cell expansions and cell therapy product formulation at small and large scale.
- Experience with starting up a lab and knowledge of GLP.
- BA/BS in immunology, cell biology or a related field. 2+ years relevant laboratory experience. 4+ years is preferred
Preferred Additional Skills
- Strong communication and data presentation skills required
- Proficiency using office software such as Word, Powerpoint or equivalents to generate reports and presentations required
- Ability to thrive within and contribute to a collaborative, supportive, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time may be necessary
Sonoma Biotherapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Sonoma Biotherapeutics, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees.
Sonoma Biotherapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
We’ve learned from experience that some of the best people don’t always match our requirements perfectly – if you’re interested and think you could fit, please don’t hesitate to apply. Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com – resumes may also be submitted without applying for a specific job.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org