SODA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Intern
SODA: Student Organ Donation Advocates is seeking a college student to join its team to assist with its expansion to Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBUCs) and diversity efforts. If selected, you will have the opportunity to help the organization grow while developing numerous skills, all with consistent support from your supervisor. Learn more about SODA National at sodanational.org and at sodanational.org/hbcu.
- Interest in taking initiative, learning new skills, and willingness to receive feedback.
- Recent involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities.
- Passion for organ and tissue donation and/or diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Current enrollment at a HBCU is preferred.
- Average of 10 hours per week for 12 weeks.
- Flexible work schedule – work when you want, where you want.
- $1,200 stipend (paid bi-weekly).
- Build a diverse skill-set in communications, program development, and non-profit strategy and development.
- Contribute to the organization’s life-saving work and make an impact on its development.
- Receive direct support and mentorship from the intern’s supervisor on a weekly basis.
Support SODA’s efforts to support organ donation advocacy at HBCUs.
- Perform outreach to students at HBCUs.
- Assist Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion consultant in equity audit.
- Create and update chapter and Organ Procurement Organization resources with guidance from the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion consultant.
- Identify potential funders and help complete grant proposals/applications.
- Cultivate relationships with existing HBCU expansion funders/partners.
- Support HBCU Organ and Tissue Donation Advocacy Scholarship scoring and awards ceremony planning.
Ensure SODA is diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
- Promote an anti-racist culture alongside SODA leadership.
- Assist recruitment from diverse populations for other National Leadership Team roles.
- Develop tools for accurate demographic reporting for grant applications.
Research the structure of other organizations and industry best practices to improve SODA’s strategy.
Create other projects with your supervisor’s guidance!
To Apply: Submit your resume on Handshake or to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.