Social & Community Manager, Skybound Entertainment
Overview of Position
Skybound Entertainment seeks a social & community manager to ensure our stories are shared to the right audience, at the right place, at the right time. This role would be responsible for Skybound’s slate of comic book and television properties, including The Walking Dead and Invincible. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience in proactive planning, creating content to build out and attract interest in content through social media channels, and supporting an active and engaged community consistent with Skybound’s culture. Explore new methods of raising brand awareness, engagement, and loyalty among our core audiences. This role requires close collaboration with developer studios, brand marketing, PR, and external resources. Solid teamwork and communication are critical success factors.
This position reports to the Sr. Social & Community Manager.
Responsibilities includes, but are not limited to:
• Manage the Skybound Entertainment, The Walking Dead, and Invincible social and community channels, leading to an increase in followers, engagement, and views
• Deliver a consistent stream of content and interaction with our fans on social media
• Create content to accompany IP and brand campaigns, like GIFs and video clips
• Manage video uploads on the Skybound Entertainment YouTube channel, formatting content to fit best practices
• Produce blog posts supporting major milestones and announcements for TWD franchise
• Pull and analyze data to inform best practices for our social accounts and audience strategy
• Discover and develop partnerships with influencers and content partners
• Experiment with ideas and app features and educate team on results
• Coordinate with data insights team to track weekly, quarterly and yearly growth
Desired Skills and Experience
• 2-3 years of professional experience running social media for a major media outlet or brand
• Extensive knowledge of all mainstream, and some emerging, social channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch, Discord, etc.
• Strong knowledge of The Walking Dead and Invincible franchise
• Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the comic book space
• Some knowledge of running social for video game titles a plus
• Experience with design tools to create your own assets is a must
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an obsession for detail
• Knowledge of related popular culture and internet memes is a must
• Sense of humor, emotional intelligence, and patience
• Experience with earned and paid media is a plus
• Comfortable using data to tell a story
• Comfortable being in front of the camera and some knowledge in live streaming production
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending and health savings accounts, commuter benefits AFLAC and MetLife supplemental plans and free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We also offer a 401K with 4% match, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, generous time off and tuition reimbursement.
Skybound Entertainment is a multiplatform content company that works closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending their stories to further platforms including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, and beyond. The company is the home of notable properties including The Walking Dead, Invincible, and Super Dinosaur.
On screen, Skybound holds a first-look television deal with Amazon Studios and a first-look movie deal with Universal. Additional strategic partnerships across the entertainment industry include comic book publishing with Image Comics, book publishing with Simon & Schuster, and a first-look narrative audio deal with Audible.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.