Where: Bremerton, WA
Compensation: Competitive wage dependent upon experience
Benefits: Employer-paid medical, dental, vision, Life, and Short-Term Disability Insurance. Plus 11 paid holidays, up to 12 days of paid vacation per year, paid sick leave, on-site gym, Verizon wireless discount, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), wellness program tuition assistance, and scholarship program! Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility for full time employees.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Day Shift
Skookum is a national, non-profit, government contractor that is dedicated to “Creating Opportunities for People of All Abilities” by hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. We take pride in our mission-focused culture and our core values: Diversity, Partnership, Commitment, Integrity, and Quality.
We are seeking a detailed oriented Accounting Clerk that has a can-do and friendly attitude. Skookum’s Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative support services to the accounting team. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, exhibits a high degree of attention to data and details, is reliable, a self-starter, and is able to work in a team setting.
Typical duties include:
- Post Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Transactions.
- Maintain Finance operating practices with record-keeping systems, forms control, file requirements, creating new files, and processing files. Assist in all functions pertaining to audits.
- Scan supporting documentation for all posted transactions and vendor/customer master files.
- File all supporting documentation into Vendor and Customer files to maintain up-to-date and accurate files.
- Coordinate and implement office services such as maintaining active and archived files daily.
- Utilize Excel spreadsheets for compiling data and Word Processing for correspondence and use of scanning tools.
- Maintain confidentiality in all interactions.
- 2 years experience in accounting or bookkeeping support is preferred
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation
- Demonstrate flexibility in order to perform a wide range of duties
- Demonstrate ability to operate office machines, such as computers, multi-purpose copiers, and 10-key
- Exhibit a high degree of organization and attention to data and details
- Where permitted by applicable law, you must have received the COVID-19 vaccine in full by date of hire to be considered for employment (unless otherwise exempted from this policy by an approved medical or religious exemption).
Skookum’s mission is “Creating Opportunities for People of all Abilities.”
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: visit our website at www.skookum.org to complete an application.
Skookum is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled – Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster.