The Environmental Education Intern will assist with classroom and field instruction for K-12 programs throughout Skagit County. Content will focus on salmon ecology and freshwater habitat restoration.
- General knowledge of OR interest in stream ecology, salmon biology, and salmon habitat
- Comfortable working with children
- Comfortable working outdoors in adverse weather
- Organized, collaborative, and reliable
- A reliable vehicle and clean driving record
- Able to pass a background check
- Covid-19 vaccinated
Internships are available September – June and coincide with a quarterly academic calendar. This is a volunteer position, however, mileage reimbursement from our Mount Vernon office to a site or school may be considered if a personal vehicle is used, OR a small monthly stipend will be offered.