**Serco follows all CDC state and local COVID-19 recommendations. To accommodate, this internship will be 100% virtual and will not include any on-site visits to Serco locations.**
Serco’s Training and Experience Program (STEP) is designed to provide undergraduate university and college students paid accredited internship opportunities to gain meaningful, hands-on work experience in a professional environment. STEP emphasizes developing the workforce of the future. Our goal is to help you build a career roadmap that provides you with challenging and rewarding learning experiences with Serco.
Serco offers internship opportunities across the following three career tracks: Business, Technical, and Engineering. Our 2021 internship opportunities are available throughout the U.S. and Canada and begin on May 25th and conclude on August 13th, with 1 week off July 5th – 9th. You will work with your manager to identify the best working schedule for you – working no more than an average of 36 hours a week with the added perk of half-days on Fridays.
In addition to gaining hands-on experience, you will attend training sessions taught by skilled leaders in our company which provides training to better prepare you for a full-time career. These training sessions range from finance, personality in the workplace, presentation skills, resume building, and more. In addition, we believe great ideas come from all levels of the company! Because of that, each year we challenge our interns to work in diverse teams to develop, propose and execute on a project that improves our ways of working. Throughout this project you will work with Senior Sponsors and meet with members of our Executive Team.
The Communications team is seeking a highly motivated and creative student to support their internal and external communications strategies. You will gain experience with researching, developing and executing communications plans. Writing and editing internal communications such as newsletters, videos, emails/memos. You will also be tasked with developing and leading the social media strategy for the intern program and initiatives. In addition, you will be asked to support a social media strategy to increase our brand in the digital world. Your strategy will be presented to several members of Serco’s Executive Team. During your Internship, you will gain exposure to a wide range of teams within the Serco organization as well as exposure with the entire Communications team.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Developing Communications Plans
• Writing and Editing Internal Communications
• Supporting Social Media Strategy and Engagement
• Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Preferred fields of study: Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, Business, or a related field of study.
• Ideal candidates are rising sophomores, juniors, seniors, or Spring 2021 graduates.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus.
• Self-motivated with a strong work initiative and attention to detail.
• Strong customer service, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated experience collaborating in a team environment.
• Passion for learning with a wide degree of creativity and curiosity.