The Development Coordinator will provide administrative support for STG’s Development Department with day-to-day functionality, special events, and data and inventory management. The Development Department raises funds to support STG’s non-profit mission through corporate sponsorships, grants, individual donations, Club Memberships, and special events. The Development Coordinator, along with each team member, will work to deepen relationships with STG supporters by engaging with patrons, sharing STG’s story, and providing excellent customer service. Building relationships with patrons and supporters is a key element of being a part of the Development Team. Hours and days of work for this position will fluctuate depending on performances and special events. This is a full-time, benefitted position. The pay range for this role is $22-$24/hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Coordinate Development events and serve as a host at the Club Lounge on select evenings and weekends throughout the year. This role includes inventory management, logistics and set up, registration and greeting/hosting guests, attendance tracking in Salesforce, post-event wrap-up and analysis, surveys, and vendor contracts and payments.
- Serve as an integral team member working on STG’s annual fundraiser: DOORS, participating in all planning meetings and helping with auction procurement and organization, data entry, and general support as needed.
- Provide Salesforce database support by updating VIP lists for communications; tracking recurring payments and credit card information; entering confirmed grants, sponsorship contracts, and individual donation pledges; issuing donor acknowledgment letters; and managing corporate matching gifts.
- Service ticketing requests via Archtics for patrons/supporters and support Club sales. Build Club upgrade events in the ticketing system for online Club Lounge sales.
- Create and redeem STG gift certificates.
- Coordinate Marketing materials such as show program edits, supporter recognition in printed materials, venue signage, and event invitations.
- Support creation of content for Development communications including emails, invitations, confirmations, etc.
- Track Development credit card expenses and report monthly to STG’s Finance Department
- Manage general department administration needs including ordering supplies and coordinating meetings and calendars.
- Help the Development Team improve efficiency and functionality in order to best serve the community.
- Help the Development Team reach Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two years general office/administrative and database (Salesforce) experience preferred
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to grasp new information quickly and take appropriate actions
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of and/or experience working in a development capacity including event coordination support experience and sophisticated technological skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a civil, welcoming and inclusive workplace.
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of and interest in performing arts, historic theatres and/or arts education preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.