FUTURE PHYSICIANS START HERE
Become a Medical Scribe First
Scribe-X offers unparalleled clinical experience and preparation for medical school.
- Receive extensive paid training that will help you master EMR systems and patient documentation procedures.
- Develop professional mentorships as you work one-on-one with providers.
- Gain patient contact hours and letters of recommendation that will make your applications stand out.
- Work for a company that understands the med school application process and supports your healthcare goals.
Anyone looking to begin a career in medicine should consider becoming a medical scribe first. Contact Scribe-X today at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how.
– Spanish speakers and those with previous scribing experience are eligible for a higher pay!
The Scribe-X Mission is to improve the clinician’s quality of life, the financial health of their practice and the quality of care they can provide, by providing opportunities to the next generation of healthcare providers to learn medicine first-hand as medical scribes.
Summary of Position Description:
The Scribe-X Medical Scribe is a critical member of the patient care team. Medical scribes will work side-by-side with a healthcare provider to document patient encounters in real-time. Training is provided to all new employees to assure they are prepared to support their assigned provider(s).
Duties of a Medical Scribe
- Perform chart preparation per clinic protocol
- Accompany the provider in all scheduled patient visits
- Document the patient history, physical exam, procedures, and patient plan, as performed by the provider
Education and Skills
- Healthcare track (e.g. pre-med, pre-PA, pre-nursing) is required
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or some college in progress.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
- All assignments require a typing speed of at least 60+ WPM
- Highly motivated to learn about medicine and medical decision-making
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask effectively
- Reliable and professional, consistently able to arrive on-time and prepared for work
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to adapt to different customer work environments
- On-site assignments require the ability to stand for up to 4 hours in succession, carrying a laptop computer from room-to-room
- On-site assignments require reliable transportation to and from all assigned work-sites
- Remote assignments require a HIPAA-compliant work-space (i.e. home office, bedroom, or room where you can work secluded)
- AVAILABILITY: 4+ FULL weekdays (not half-days) Monday – Friday 8a-5p PST (11a-8p EST).
The hourly rate for this “paid internship” will start at your state’s state minimum wage, or $11.00 per hour in states with minimum wage lower than $11.00. However, individuals with prior scribing experience are eligible for a higher starting rate.
Scribe-X is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status. We also support a safe and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing. Discrimination in all forms is unacceptable at Scribe-X, and Scribe-X is committed to a workplace free from discrimination and retaliation. Applicants for employment are also entitled to selection and hiring processes free from discrimination and retaliation. Scribe-X encourages applicants who believe that Scribe-X has subjected them to discrimination or retaliation to contact Scribe-X’s Human Resources at 503-914-5952 or email@example.com, or by mailing a letter to Scribe-X Human Resources, 931 SW King Avenue, Portland, OR 97205. All applicant complaints shall be addressed promptly, and Scribe-X shall respond to the applicant within five (5) business days of receipt unless extenuating circumstances prevent compliance with this deadline.