Want the perfect opportunity to start in the medical field? Scribe.ology is here for you!
A medical scribe is a trained documentation specialist who charts patient encounters in real-time alongside physicians. Scribes will be working in the clinic setting and will be exposed to medical procedures, medical terminology, and anatomy and physiology. Scribe.ology’s philosophy is to deploy a specialized and cost-effective workforce that work alongside our provider partners to overcome clinical inefficiencies and to reduce physicians’ data entry workload allowing for more uninterrupted interaction between doctor and patient. We additionally seek to develop students both personally and professionally as they journey toward their future in medicine.
As a medical scribe, you will:
- Accompany physicians to accurately record and document patient visits and procedures.
- Create and review medical charts for accuracy and completion in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Assist in completing charts by transcribing results of patient and doctor consultations.
- Record diagnosis, discharge, prescriptions, and/or follow-up instructions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager or physician.
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 WPM
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree with open clinic availability
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Passion for healthcare
- Highly motivated and experience-driven
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
Scribe.ology is looking for candidates who are detail-oriented, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have strong computer/typing skills. We are rapidly expanding and dedicated to hiring the best and brightest individuals.
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Part-time & Full time positions available
Successful completion of our mandatory orientation is required