Location: Washington, DC; Option to Work Remotely (only in CO, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, MD, NE, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, VA, WA, DC)
Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free from vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and engaged team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and driving impact. We are vaccine champions improving lives through immunization. Sabin staff, management and Board of Trustees are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
The Intern will assist with a range of activities in support of Sabin’s Boost Community, which fosters a global community that enables immunization professionals to connect with peers and experts, learn skills that build capacity and advance careers, and lead immunization programs in challenging contexts.
This global community is supported largely by an online platform – https://boostcommunity.org – where immunization professionals can go to create free Boost member accounts and instantly access trainings, resources and peers and immunization experts, which can support them on their learning journey. Currently, the platform hosts more than 1,800 members from more than 130 countries. This diverse community includes immunization staff from national and sub-national levels of government along with colleagues from a number of implementing partner organizations. Intern reports to Senior Manager, Community Building & Digital Engagement.
• Triage questions/comments from the Boost online platform and track member engagement and insights
• Assist with drafting and editing Boost online platform content, including drafting news posts related to global health and immunization, uploading Boost partner events to the upcoming events calendar and drafting social media posts for Sabin’s social media channels
• Assist Boost Team across a number of initiatives with live engagement and course session support, including promotion efforts, session prep, day-of support and follow-up
• Assist with gathering and analyzing Boost data by country, region, etc., especially as it relates to Boost’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework
• Conduct research related to the Boost Community based on comments and questions raised through Boost member feedback (e.g., new topics for learning groups, identifying relevant resources for members)
• Support Boost member engagement strategy, including outreach to current members, and exploring new ideas (e.g., podcast, ongoing features, etc.) to boost overall activity on the platform
• Overall operations support
• Current college student in a related discipline
• Interest in global health or a related field
• Excellent communications skills (listening, writing, speaking)
• Proficient in core Microsoft 365 applications
• Proficient with social media platforms
• French proficiency preferred
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to process information quickly
• Extremely detail-oriented and highly flexible
• Strong analytical and research skills
• Ability to operate with purpose, urgency and accuracy in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and deadline-driven environment
• Must be available for 20 hours per week during the Spring 2022 semester, preferably Monday-Friday mornings