The Property Tax Consultant works with clients and internal teams to adhere to jurisdictional requirements for personal property tax compliance. This includes researching issues, reconciling financials and databases, working with taxing authorities to understand and verify calculations and filing methodologies, and completing detailed calculations.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Create a positive team experience.
- Prepare personal property tax returns/renditions, filings, and reconciliation of assets for assigned clients.
- Ensure all applicable returns/renditions and remittances are processed and mailed in a timely manner.
- Review of personal property tax assessments, filing/handling assessment protests and handling audits.
- Responds to client inquiries and requests from tax authorities.
- Reviews documentation and researches issues.
- Works with raw data to complete calculations.
- Assist in managing high volume compliance portfolio.
- Provide exceptional client service to multi-state companies by working with a team to identify tax savings opportunities.
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies, which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and at appeal meetings, and preparing protests.
- Maintain annual client filing calendar.
- Learn proprietary software application to manage data.
- Update internal compliance software with appropriate tax related information for each assigned client.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration/Management, Business Computer Information Systems, Economics, Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Finance, International Business, Public Administration, Real Estate or other degree with Master’s in Business Discipline or JD, Business Analytics, Operations and Supply Chain Management.
- Must have (6) hours of Accounting or Economics or Real Estate or Finance with a of 3.0 GPA or higher, a Major GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Relevant work experience preferred (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs) or Bachelor’s degree and one to three years audit or tax related experience.
- Desire to perform in a high-energy team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s license required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Standard indoor working environment.
• Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
• Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm in person and via e-mail and telephone.
• Position requires regular interaction with clients and interface with external vendors in person and via e-mail and telephone.
• Independent travel requirement: Up to 10-20%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran