The Marketing Intern will gain insight and practical experience within the ever-evolving fields of marketing, sales, and communications. The Intern will be regularly exposed to multiple aspects of marketing through constant collaboration with our exhibits, development, retail, programming, and education departments under the direction and mentorship of the Marketing & Engagement Manager.
Tasks & Duties
· Spend approximately two weeks rotating through each of following five areas of focus while learning about and assisting with projects in each concentration: Marketing, Content, Communications, Strategic Partnerships, and Events
· Serve as a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Street Team brand ambassador at concerts and local events
· Capture photos and video for our social channels at events throughout the summer
· Attend meetings and collaboration discussions
· Projects will vary by rotation but will include meaningful work in marketing planning and execution, content
ideation and execution, working closely with media crews and VIP visitors, event activation, event documentation and assisting with sales and sponsorship.
Requirements & Qualifications
· Interest in marketing
· Relevant coursework in marketing, digital media, or communications
· Creativity including a passion for rock & roll
· Familiarity with digital marketing such as social media, email, and websites
· Enjoy working with people and as part of a team
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
· Flexible and able to adjust to changing demands
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Attention to detail and good organizational & planning skills
· Must be proficient in computer skills including Office 365
· Available to work days, evenings, and weekends as needed
Intern applicants must be currently enrolled in a college (preferably entering senior year after summer 2023) or graduate school program.
· Rock Hall internships are paid positions and for enrichment purposes must be willing to work within other departments. This includes working scheduled shifts with the Fan Engagement and Museum Retail teams.
· The internship is onsite, starting early June and commencing early August, exact dates to be determined.
· Estimated weekly hours for this internship: 32 – 40 hours
Rock Hall Internship Experience
The Rock Hall is a world-renowned institution and a pillar in the museum and music industries. The internships we host are no different. Not only will all interns get an in depth, project-based learning and working experience, but all interns will also participate in an organization wide internship experience. Weekly career development sessions and panels with Rock Hall staff will ensure you are getting the most out of your time at the Rock Hall and completing the summer with new tools and resources when it comes to beginning your career. All intern positions will get a chance to work on the floor of the museum to learn firsthand how we create the world class guest experience for our visitors from around the globe. Lastly, all our interns will get to experience summer at the Rock Hall and Cleveland, getting to know the city that help build Rock & Roll, and all the events and excitement we curate each summer.
This job description does not list all the duties of the position. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.