Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn’t collect, picking them up from our customers’ doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value – it’s fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our product team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and can’t wait to add to our team. We are a team invested in the personal growth of its employees and this is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
We’re looking for an energetic and empathetic person to help us grow our audience and our membership base by executing on brand-aligned communications and content. We provide our members with many channels and ways to reach us as well as a robust informational site to help them waste less.
- Our Member is our Hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
How to succeed in this role
- Build and iterate on existing email marketing campaigns. Support marketing communications across teams. Execute on one-off campaigns to leads and members to drive engagement, referrals, and growth. Support content creation across social, email, and blog.
- Confident in writing brand-aligned content that speaks to our audience based on channel and lifecycle. Will write content for our blog, social media, emails and other communication channels.
- Measures and tracks the success of projects and tactics to learn and iterate on.
We’re open to a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but here are the general skills and experience we’re looking for
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Able to manage and execute on several projects at the same time.
- Able to understand and master digital tools and processes quickly.
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality, detail oriented.
- Understands the purpose behind initiatives and adjusts to align the tactics.
- Able to communicate how tactics align with the purpose.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
- 2+ years in a high-growth startup where responsibilities increased.
- Experience in marketing, communications, or lifecycle management.
Benefits at Ridwell
We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees. We offer the following:
Flexible vacation and sick leave policy
Comprehensive healthcare benefits including vision and dental
Paid parental leave
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
COVID-19 update for Ridwell employees
All Ridwell employees must be fully vaccinated except as necessary to accommodate disability or religious belief, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status) prior to their first day of employment.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.