Providence is calling a Medical Technologist I to its Clinical Laboratory Team at Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR. This is a full-time, night shift position. The schedule will consist of 4, 10 hour shifts from 1800-0430 and 2100-0730. Our Medical Technologists are scheduled to work any of the 7 days of the week. We are currently offering a $4k Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance along with a fantastic benefits package! We are also open to Fresh Graduates!
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
We are seeking a Medical Technologist I that will be responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of high complexity laboratory test results with minimal supervision. MT/MLS personnel are capable of performing pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical duties including specimen evaluation, data analysis, and instrument maintenance and problem resolution. They often work with acute-care and outpatient caregivers, along with other Laboratory Services staff in performing their duties
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Be accurately follow the procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, recording and reporting patient test results
- Conduct established quality control (QC) procedures on analytical equipment, reagents, media and products with appropriate documentation
- Correlate clinical, clerical and technical data
- Review and evaluate test results for accuracy
- Recognize testing problems including unexpected results or abnormal relationships of analytes and alerts senior personnel regarding discrepancy
- Recognize and resolve instrument errors or sample problems; initiating and documenting corrective action
- May be required to perform phlebotomy and processing of specimens in the Small and Rural areas
Qualifications – External
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Physical, Biological, or Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Technologist/Scientist certification or registry (e.g. MT,MLS, MB) from a government agency or nationally recognized professional organization (eg. ASCP, NCA, etc.) -OR-
- Eligible for Certification or Registry.
- Must obtain certification within six (6) months of hire
- In Compliance with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), criminal background check and fingerprinting may be required for this position, based on assigned duties. Involves only those positions at PPMC operating the blood irradiator machine.
- NOTE: ASCP certification obtained after 1/1/2004 must be renewed every three (3) years, ASCP certification obtained prior to 1/1/2004 require no renewal
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science from a NAACLS accredited MLS program
- One (1) year experience in related field
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
“Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time.”
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.