MultiCare Health System Medical Scribe | Tacoma
The Medical Scribe ensures accurate and timely documentation of the medical chart under the supervision of the medical provider. The Scribe assists the provider by accompanying them during the patient exam recording detailed information into the electronic medical record (EMR). The Scribe performs other related medical record or clerical duties to increase provider effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity for improved patient flow and satisfaction.
- Preparing and assembling medical record documentation/charts for physician(s)
- Entering the patient room with the physician during patient visit to capture and transcribe medical record documentation utilizing electronic medical record applications
- Ensuring medical record compliance by self-documentation attestation to include: Scribe name, title and doctor working for as well as specific date and time entry
- Updating patient history, physical exam and other pertinent health information in the patient record
- Preparing and sending all documentation to physician for review and approval via authentication of detailed data entry and facility-specific procedures
- Monitoring the duration of basic lab results and screening procedures
- Compliance with hospital and ProScribe policies, including those relating to HIPAA and Joint Commission
- Regular and reliable attendance at assigned facility required
- Perform other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned
Education/Experience: High school diploma required. College sophomore status or higher preferred. Pre-health career track preferred. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy strongly preferred
Technical/Computer Skills: Skilled in operating various medical record software and hardware, word-processing, and database software programs; minimum of 60 WPM preferred.