Salary Range – $79,629 – $95,082
Portland Public Schools (PPS) is seeking talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences and a commitment to racial equity and social justice to lead change and inspire our services to and support of PPS students. We are seeking a stellar Racial Equity Social Justice (RESJ) Partnership Manager who models the core PPS Educator Essentials and who is fueled by a passion to lead the development and deployment of multiple RESJ partnerships designed to provide culturally responsive and culturally specific academic, social, and/or emotional support services to district students and families.
To achieve our vision, we want someone who has a commitment to life-long learning, a vision for team success, and the ability to serve and support our culturally specific community partners and PPS students. PPS is committed to eliminating systemic racism and its adverse impact on student learning, and we seek candidates who bring a deep commitment to racial equity and social justice. The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Social Work or a related field and at least three (3) years working with children and/or adolescents to effect positive academic, social, and/or emotional life-skills with one of those years or as a Program Supervisor or two (2) years as a Student Advocate.
Preferred but not Required
- Master’s degree will also substitute for one year of experience in a lead or supervisory role
- Experience serving the needs of a richly diverse student and community population
- Experience managing a portfolio of partnership contracts to achieve expressed goals
- Understanding how Racial equity policies impact student achievement, discipline, and graduation
- Experience in a lead, supervisory, or management role is preferred
Please apply at careers.pps.net job number #21655 to review the full qualifications.
First screening will occur November 4, 2020, at 4:00 pm.
Check out this video: Teaching In Portland 2020