Trainee will learn firsthand about the steps involved in the creation of a commercial publications, advertising and marketing materials from Media Kits to building contacts, relationships and sales with Advertising Agencies and/or Advertisers.
Interns will learn firsthand about design, layout pages, advertising pages, demographics, market research, public relations, promotions, sponsorships, etc.
Interns will learn firsthand how to hone their business and communication skills as they relate to their overall objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understanding of all aspects of the publication’s goals and marketing strategies and how they relate to the advertising prospect’s objectives.
- Understanding of various materials used in the publishing industry (books, magazines, brochures, media kits, sales sheets, etc) and the creation of said materials using design, typography, graphics for print and/or electronic media.
- Contacting Advertising Agencies, Advertisers & Sponsors using a systematic approach with scripts and market research to educate about our publications and collateral services.
- Skills and experience in graphic design and marketing
- Proficiency with design software such as Adobe’s Creative Cloud
- Portfolio examples of graphic designs