Available to students in their junior or senior year majoring in journalism, writing, communications, research or a similar field for internship positions. We produce books, courses, programs, workshops, websites, blogs, articles, press releases and PSAs. When you do your work successfully your name is added to the project and it helps you build your portfolio.
Present our Organization as a thought leader and increase awareness of our mission and work, achievements, or a major event through press and other media outlets.
Express our Organization’s distinct voice and articulate our key messages effectively with well-written and compelling marketing and communications materials.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recommendations on the best tactics to build relationships with Organization’s target media outlets.
- Identification of the audiences Organization should be addressing and the media outlets they should target to reach stated audiences
- Well-written and compelling copy for marketing or communication materials; examples include a brochure, one-pager/fact sheet, or fundraising/promotional materials
- Messaging that is consistent with brand identity, public relations strategy and communications objectives
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Understanding of PR planning
- Experience in copywriting, marketing, public relations, communications or journalism preferred