At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
Business Development at PitchBook is the engine that drives our growth and our Sales Development department is the beating heart of that engine. Our Sales Development Representatives are the first point of contact for the vast majority of our new business opportunities. This is a highly visible role that makes a direct and significant impact in our business.
Additionally, the Sales Development Representative role provides boundless opportunities for both personal and professional growth. The Sales Development team serves as a launchpad to accelerate your career at PitchBook. For those driven to exceed expectations, career paths at PitchBook are endless. Because of our continued growth we are able provide learning and growth opportunities that would take many times longer at other companies.
Are you someone with a genuine interest in learning the complexities of the private capital market? Are you someone who is going to work had day in and day out? Are you someone that loves to build rapport and relationships? Are you eager to help professionals, all the way to the C-Suite, find a product that can genuinely help with their key business decisions? Are you tenacious, outgoing, and a great communicator? If so, we should talk about how you might contribute to the Business Development team at PitchBook!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Act as consultants – our clients appreciate the value of our data for their needs, so we take the time to understand those needs and address them head on
- Connect with prospects through written and verbal communication
- Work closely with account executives to understand prospect needs, and for continued knowledge development
- Prospect into accounts, searching for key points of contact
- Strive for daily, weekly, and monthly demo goals, while providing excellent experience for prospective customers
- Work continuously on qualitative and quantitative metrics
Skills and Qualifications:
- Love to prospect – act as the engine of our sales team, revving up and warming up leads to be shared with our outside sales team
- Work with a strong sense of urgency, which translates into activity with the expectation of making 50 calls per day
- Naturally and highly curious – ask thorough and pointed questions, guiding potential clients through needs analysis and discovery sessions to qualify the lead and drive new opportunities
- Have terrific prioritization skills – we generate a LOT of leads for the team to work with every month, and this team knows how to identify and go after the key customers
- Stellar and professional communicators, both verbally and in their written works
- Possess strong negotiation skills and can effectively close leads
- Self-motivated, dedicated, and driven to succeed
- Love to meet and exceed goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Team players with entrepreneurial spirits – come up with and are willing to try new ideas to achieve greater levels of success
- Interested in financial markets or services, particularly private equity and venture capital
- Generally, have internship experience or one (1) year of professional work experience, ideally in finance or sales
- Have positive, aggressive, goal – oriented attitudes and mentalities and can be motivated both as an individual and as part of a team
- Have a BA/BS degree, frequently in economics, finance and related majors
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.