At Parametric, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities listed below and look forward to having you become a part of our continued success!
The Investment Analyst is an integral part of the Customized Exposure Management and Overlay Solutions portfolio management team that is responsible for the management of client portfolios. This role is hired with an expectation for advancement.
- Generate customized daily investment management reports used to implement the Overlay Solutions Program.
- Review activity within client portfolios and recommend actions to be taken by portfolio managers to realign accounts in-line with guideline objectives.
- Work alongside portfolio managers as the primary day-to-day contacts for the client relationship.
- Manage data transfer with custodial banks and evaluate data to ensure accurate account information.
- Assist in the production of client-requested research projects in coordination with portfolio managers.
- Develop initiatives to improve client satisfaction.
- Expected to generate and execute ideas designed to improve efficiencies and reduce risk.
- Responsible for the creation and accuracy of customized client performance summaries.
- Assist in performance reviews with clients.
- Conduct audits on client accounts across the firm to reduce firm risk and develop professional knowledge.
- Undertake additional professional development such as the CFA program.
- Assist Portfolio Managers and other investment team members with various post-trade activities, including the creation of securities, entering trade details into the system, and liaising with Operations and Accounting to address post trade issues.
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned based upon analyst skill set and firm needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Finance, Math, Economics, or related field
- Investment Management industry experience preferred, but not required
- Must possess a strong desire to work in Investment Management
- Interest or experience working with institutional investment portfolios and utilizing derivatives
- Strong computer, mathematical, and analytical skills are required
- Must be a self-starter with excellent quantitative and communication skills
Customized Exposure Management and Overlay Solutions
Parametric’s overlay services are designed to provide an efficient method of managing systematic risk for clients, while increasing expected returns by synthetically creating various asset class benchmark exposures, and allowing for closer alignment of economic exposure to the client’s desired asset allocation.
Traditional overlay components include fund and manager cash equitization, currency hedging, transition/portfolio restructuring, implementation of tactical tilts, and portfolio rebalancing. We believe these components contribute to increased portfolio efficiency, higher expected returns, and improved tracking error. Further, the broader overlay team has subject matter experts across a variety of asset classes and implementation types (e.g. equities, FX, rates, credit, volatility, option hedging, LDI) that will serve as a resource for specific client exposure management needs.
Our philosophy is not based on market forecasts but instead seeks to add consistent value through portfolio construction and the implementation of a rules-based and transparent investment process. The primary focus of Parametric’s overlay service is risk management and structuring programs to help clients achieve custom and unique outcomes. The overlay service is designed to utilize an array of investment instruments to achieve customized client objectives through adherence to detailed investment guidelines.
Parametric is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity or express, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Parametric also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Parametric, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Parametric, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this website is for U.S. residents only and does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Investing entails risks and there can be no assurance that Parametric (and its affiliates) will achieve profits or avoid incurring losses. All investments are subject to potential loss of principal. Parametric does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. Please refer to the disclosure page for important information about investments and risks.