We are looking for a motivated and professional team member to join our Sales Development team here at Panopto. If you want to join a dynamic, high-growth company and make a visible difference for our business, please read on.
About the role
Our sales development team is responsible for two things:
- Speaking with and qualifying inbound sales leads. Most of our sales leads come from our website. When someone fills out a form requesting a free trial, downloading a white paper, or accessing industry research, our sales development reps (SDRs) follow-up. The goal of these follow-ups is to learn more about the person’s organization, and to determine if Panopto is a good fit. If it is, then the SDR qualifies the lead and hands it off to one of our account executives (AEs).
- Developing new sales opportunities through outbound processing. In addition to our inbound sales leads, we also run outbound prospecting campaigns. In these campaigns, we use tools like LinkedIn Sales Navigator, RainKing, Hoovers, email, and cold calls to identify and contact new sales opportunities.
As a member of our sales development team, qualifying inbound leads and developing new sales opportunities through prospecting will be your two primary responsibilities.
What you can expect
- Career growth. The SDR role is critical to our success, and it’s also a great launching point for you to learn the product, the business and the fundamentals of messaging and selling. We have high expectations of the SDR team, and we provide professional development opportunities so that SDRs can stretch into other roles within the company including marketing and account management.
- A great team. I’ve been at Panopto for five years. I can honestly say that it’s the best place I’ve ever worked—everyone here is smart, driven, collaborative, and down-to-Earth.
- Cool tech. We’re doing things with video that nobody else in the industry is doing.
More about you
- Great communication and listening skills. You’ll be on the phone a lot, chatting with sales prospects from a range of different industries. Some of the people you speak to will know exactly what they want, and others will need your help to understand whether Panopto is a great fit. To be successful, you’ll need to be comfortable chatting with folks you don’t know, listening to understand their needs, and asking great clarifying questions.
- A genuine interest in what we do. If you read that we recently raised some cash and want to apply for the job to get in at the ground level of a young startup, well frankly, we’re past that stage. We’re still a flexible, fast-moving, quickly growing company, but we offer the stability, competitive pay, and benefits of more established enterprises. So apply for this role because you genuinely believe that concepts like the Corporate YouTube and inside-video search can have a transformative effect on learning.
- A fantastic attitude. I’m looking for someone who shares my passion for our technology; who is always optimistic in the face of tough business challenges; who’s comfortable with what they do and don’t know; and who knows how to detach from the day-to-day madness of the job and have fun with the team.