Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values – Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself – serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
About our Career Accelerator Program (CAP)
The Career Accelerator Program at PagerDuty offers an opportunity for participants, to learn and build meaningful skills at PagerDuty. Whether you’re enrolled in a post-secondary institution, completed a coding bootcamp, or returning to work after a gap in employment, CAP can provide up to 16 weeks of hands-on experience in a high growth tech company. Through a variety of networking, learning, and mentoring opportunities, our CAP program fast tracks participants for an exceptional career and can serve as a gateway to permanent employment at PD.
CAP has three cohorts each year beginning in January (Winter), May (Summer) and September (Fall) and participants are paid competitively in their respective industries.
This is a remote, 4 month role for the Fall 2021 term that begins on September 7, 2021 and ends on December 17th, 2021. Successful candidates will be working from home during the duration of the term.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- You’re passionate about data science and looking for a place to put your skills to use and work with a fantastic team
- You will build and ship new models relevant for Pagerduty’s business
- You’ll collaborate with Data Engineers and Product Managers to understand business requirements & translate them into solutions
- You’ll be presenting your models, analysis and findings to the business to create real world impact
- You are fearlessly self-driven
- You have an insatiable desire to learn
- You are empathetic – you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others
- You are passionate about high quality, maintainable and testable code
- You have a solid grasp of data science fundamentals
- You want to build reliable and highly scalable systems
- You have some experience or exposure working with business analysis, or as a Data Analyst – this is a plus, not mandatory.
- Good understanding of Data Science fundamentals, eg. Statistics, Models
- Knowledge and understanding of at least one programming language, eg. Java, Python, C
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic environment, we also offer:
Mentorship – each participant is matched with a mentor
Paid employee Volunteer Time
Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all – members, advocates, and allies.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.