Oregon Natural Desert Association (ONDA) is a nonprofit conservation organization that protects, defends and restores Oregon’s high desert. The Development Coordinator is a key part of the development and communication team that collaborates to raise funds to support ONDA operations. This position includes event and volunteer coordination, donor outreach, and data management to grow ONDA’s community of supporters and enhance high desert conservation initiatives in Oregon.
Our ideal candidate will be interested in fundraising and community engagement and have the ability to take initiative, be responsive, and communicate effectively with a wide array of people.
● Manage all aspects of planning, publicizing, and implementing a diverse calendar of annual digital and in-person community events
● Secure partners and sponsors, coordinate venues, identify vendors, produce materials, implement media promotions, track and communicate with attendees,and assess outcomes in support of assigned events
● Coordinate event volunteers and support additional events led by other team members
Outreach and Communications
● Plan, prepare and send news and action alerts to email subscribers in coordination with communications staff
● Maintain community engagement and foster a connection to Oregon’s high desert by informing members and the public of key issues, initiatives and involvement opportunities
● Encourage new audiences to experience the high desert by expanding distribution of ONDA’s Wild Desert Calendar, soliciting retail partners and sponsors,and managing online sales
● Connect volunteers and interns to office-based tasks and special projects
● Develop compelling messaging and materials including donor correspondence, newsletter articles,grants, social media posts, web content or other materials as needed to support objectives in conjunction with ONDA development and communication team
● Organize ONDA’s presence at existing regional public events to grow support for desert conservation initiatives
● Collaborate with staff to expand impact of business partners program
Donor and Data Management
● Manage and assess monthly giving program and other donor segments to steward, sustain and expand donors
● Process all financial donations and sales in donor database, generate thank you letters and make weekly bank deposits
● Establish systems, procedures and documentation that improve team efficiency
● Encourage complete and accurate donor records by collecting and managing entry of new contacts and other information in donor database
● Support ONDA’s comprehensive membership growth and retention plan, maintain promotional items,and complete donor communications as needed
● Participate in conferences, trainings, field trips and ONDA events as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
● Two years relevant experience, knowledge of nonprofits,fundraising or outreach practices preferred
● Commitment to conservation and a passion for desert wildlands
● Commitment to building a more diverse, inclusive organization and conservation community
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills
● Strong attention to detail and ability to complete tasks efficiently
● A flexible, collaborative nature and a good sense of humor
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office and tech savvy, with experience with Salesforce database and Emma email platform preferred
This position pays $40,000 to $45,000 per year, depending on experience. ONDA will furnish a competitively benchmarked nonprofit salary, a full benefits package including health, vision and dental benefits, and matching retirement contributions. ONDA offers generous paid time off benefits including 15 vacation days (increasing after second year), 12 holidays, 12 annual sick days, family leave, and a sabbatical program. ONDA will also reimburse up to $500 for moving expenses incurred relocating to Bend for this position.
ONDA uses an anonymous applicant screening process to ensure fair and objective applicant evaluation. To facilitate this review, please submit your application via email, with your email including two separate attachments as follows:
1 ) Attachment #1: A single page .doc or .pdf file that includes your name, address, email and phone number. Do not include this identifying information anywhere else in your attachments.
2) Attachment #2: A brief, no longer than one-page cover letter (without your name) describing your qualifications and interest in the position, resume (without your name), and the contact information for three references. This information should be combined into a single .doc or .pdf file.
Please submit these application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 PM Pacific Time Thursday,July 29, 2021.