The PR Assistant is an entry level, support role who will work with ONE PR team members to support OPS campaigns and projects, as well as the overall day-to-day business needs of the company. The role of PR Assistant necessitates working with all designated OPS team members to assist and support in execution of day to day PR activities on PR campaigns – such as developing media lists, pitching, following up, tracking coverage status, staffing tours/events. This individual will need to be able to support multiple projects at any given time and with different OPS team members.
- Simultaneous support 5 to 6 different partner campaigns or projects of varying size and scope of work
- Track editorial deadlines – namely with gaming media
- Stage media blasts through Constant Contact
- Track and maintain press coverage and status, and relay findings to internal team and external partners
- Develop press clip reports
- Contribute to delivery of weekly PR reports and other PR statuses
- Prepare meeting agendas, take meeting notes and distribute to the team and partners
- Coordinate PR mailings and deliveries
- Help to post approved news and updates onto OPS social media channels – Facebook and Twitter
- Assist in media relations – i.e. pitching, follow up, etc.
- Support in the coordination of press tours, press events, trade/consumer shows
- Answer the main office phone lines to route incoming calls or take messages
- Gather and distribute the mail each day
- Greet clients & guests
- BA in Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
- Knowledge of digital entertainment industries – namely video game and technology.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Understanding of media (enthusiast and consumer).
- Ability to demo/present products, i.e. demo video games.
- Dynamic, creative, self-motivating, detail oriented and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be a team player and thrive in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Proficient with Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Knowledge of FTP and scanning.
- Knowledge of social media channels.
Essential Job Functions / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk / hear and use fine motor skills. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time; walk long distance during industry trade shows, events and media tours, handle or lift up to 25lbs and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a regular full-time nonexempt position.The regular work days and hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PT. There is occasional over-time required during busy trade show season, client events or product launches.
Travel/Out of office
Minimal for offsite meetings, seasonal events and project needs.