the r&d compliance scientist is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to the sr. r&d and quality manager. this position will coordinate, communicate and document regulatory compliance, r&d and quality systems activities to ensure consistent, high-quality response to internal/external customer requirements, quality/food safety initiatives, regulatory compliance issues and the overall maintenance of the product development, quality and documentation systems.
labeling and regulatory compliance
- proof and route technical copy documents of supplement/nutrition facts panels, ingredient/allergen statements and required warnings/disclosures for approval.
- maintain a strong familiarity with all current us food and dietary supplement labeling regulations and best practices (21 cfr 111, dshea, etc.).
- learn new and proposed changes in laws, rulings, regulations and enforcement activities impacting the use of ingredients, product safety and labeling
- organize and maintain new product, ingredient, and allergen documentation.
- support generation and control of technical documents for new products.
- assist with evaluation, and approval of new suppliers.
- support new product development and continuous improvement projects with bench-top work
- special tasks or projects, as assigned.
- act as an internal auditor to ensure the co-manufacturing operations comply with all established controls for food safety to ensure product quality. (standards and processes such as hazard analysis and critical control point (haccp) and good manufacturing practices).
- review coa and coc documents as part of the hold and release program
- maintains current supplier documentation
- assists in supplier, raw material and packaging approval process
- track and analyze product incidents
- serve as a technical resource to the sales & marketing teams providing timely documentation as requested.
- bachelor’s degree required – food science, nutrition or biological sciences
- 2+ years of experience preferred in fda regulated industry
- organized and detail-oriented
- innovative and self-motivated, able to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- critical thinker with a demonstrated ability to digest research and apply information
- working knowledge of scientific method(s) for research and development.
- competent math and statistical skills
- strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy with other departments, including communication with co-manufacturing partners and suppliers
- clear verbal and written communication
- in-depth working knowledge of fda food and dietary supplement product regulations (21 cfr 111), guidance and policies, and a thorough understanding of the enforcement landscape
- strong attention to detail
*all applicants who are offered employment with nuun and company will be subject to a background investigation that will include a driving background check. offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation.