About the Department
Site New Hampshire, located in West Lebanon, is where Novo Nordisk’s life-saving treatments are brought to life. Our manufacturing facility produces a global supply of our hemophilia and growth hormone product lines, as well as our next generation of cutting-edge medications. It’s not your average production site – it’s a tight-knit, supportive community working together to contribute to a better tomorrow for our patients. Ethics and quality are held in the highest regard, and a patient-focused mindset guides everything we do. We’re looking for individuals who are self-starters with a strong work ethic to join our team. At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources and mentorship to grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Quality Control Microbiologist will carry out routine microbiological testing to support the manufacturing facility. All work is carried out in a Quality Control (QC) Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) environment where the highest level of compliance and attention to detail is necessary. The role focuses on routine activities such as utility and facility monitoring, data reporting, general laboratory support and activity coordination. This individual works with supervision/instruction on routine work and detailed instruction for new activities.
Reports to: Supervisor, Quality Control Microbiology
Number of subordinates with direct/indirect referral: n/a
- Conducts routine microbiology assays following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) such as bioburden and endotoxin testing
- Collects Environmental Monitoring samples including high quality water systems, cleanroom environments and gases in the field (manufacturing, utilities and laboratory locations)
- Conducts lab inventory and associated activities to restock QC Micro laboratories
- Routine QC housekeeping activities not limited to sanitizations of hoods, freezers, refrigerators and bench tops, daily temperature checks, chart recorder change out
- Sample receipt/login
- Updates trending files related to the Environmental Monitoring Program
- Assists with data gathering for investigations/deviations to resolve issues related to system deficiencies and assay excursions
- Records management including filing of data, archiving and maintenance
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable healthcare laws, regulations and industry codes
- Incorporates the Novo Nordisk Way and 10 Essentials in all activities and interactions with others
0-10% overnight travel required.
Physical Requirement Details
- The ability to climb, balance, stoop, crouch, reach, stand, and walk
- The ability to push, pull, lift, finger, and grasp
- The ability to speak, listen, and understand verbal and written communication
- Repetition including substantial movement of wrists, hands, and or fingers
- Lifting up to 33lbs/15kg of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Visual acuity to perform close activities such as: reading, writing, and analyzing; and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations
- The working environment includes a variety of physical conditions including inside and outside conditions including temperature changes; proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
Education and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent with a minimum of zero (0) to two (2) years related experience or Associates degree with additional relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Limited hands-on experience and exposure to technical principles, concepts, and theories. Expanding basic laboratory test knowledge and follows basic lab protocols for all work
- Must be able to work independently in a team based setting once given instruction/guidance
- Able to prioritize routine tasks and adapt to a changing environment
- Must have excellent analytical and writing skills
There are multiple positions available and compensation is commensurate to experience.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.